Quite taken a liking to some of the small air cooled's
Old 02-12-17, 10:23 PM   #12
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletop View Post
Missed the coffee.....
It was at Roydon, we were up last week to look at it and today for collection.

Peter
listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 10:47 PM   #13
Appletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel View Post
It was at Roydon, we were up last week to look at it and today for collection.

Peter
Ah. be Neil at Diss van center, top bloke, bought my second van off him back in '05 and he still remembers me!

Potest non melior Petter. milia passuum melius quam Lister
Appletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 11:12 PM   #14
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Gavin at Roydon Service Station.

Peter
listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-17, 11:35 PM   #15
wolseley phill
Forum Supporter 2013

Looks a good engine Neil, is the plan to display it with your Maytags?

Phill.
wolseley phill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 09:08 AM   #16
donp
Forum Supporter 2013

Neil, so it was you, I saw this on Gumtree and conversed with the seller but he said someone was going to collect at the weekend, he was not too keen on packing it for courier, this I understood as have had problems myself in the past with couriers, sadly the distance from me to Street was a shade too far for me.

Don
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 10:56 AM   #17
skankin_giant
Forum Supporter 2013

Nice, I do like the little Mar-Vils, heard recently the one I had was broken up was a waste of time putting bearings in that!
Old 03-12-17, 12:05 PM   #18
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolseley phill View Post
Looks a good engine Neil, is the plan to display it with your Maytags?

Phill.
In the long run yes, it's also, along with the Maytag's an easy second engine to show alongside something bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
Neil, so it was you, I saw this on Gumtree and conversed with the seller but he said someone was going to collect at the weekend, he was not too keen on packing it for courier, this I understood as have had problems myself in the past with couriers, sadly the distance from me to Street was a shade too far for me.

Don
It was me. Lol
It's fair old trip for me as well, mainly because of road closures and roadworks.
On the way down it was M25 north side, M4, M5 then (because I wanted to) up through Cheddar Gorge and onwards to Street, home via the A303, M3 and again north side of the M25.
Got to say although I may travel that far again, it will be over a weekend, never again in a day, about 10.5 hours of driving for the round trip, stopped time was less than 1.5 including doing the deal, and stopping for a brew up on the way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankin_giant View Post
Nice, I do like the little Mar-Vils, heard recently the one I had was broken up was a waste of time putting bearings in that!
That is a shame, all that work and some muppet decides a few quid are more important.

This example runs well and starts easily.
The only thing I would like to change is the brass flywheel pulley, I'd like one that hasn't been got at with an out of control dremel
Someone decided a rope start slot in the side of the pulley was a good idea, whoever that was is an idiot, not only did they make a real mess of it, it doesn't work. So if anyone has an unmolested pulley they would part with, please let me know.

Neil.
Old 03-12-17, 01:56 PM   #19
pulsechoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post

Don
Funny old things, Couriers. As previously reported, my Bentall was picked up from Martinpaff's at around 1500hrs on Thursday and was delivered to me in Carlisle at 1000hrs on Friday. That was a pallet of approx 300kg. The crate containing my Perkins engine (25.2kg) was picked up from mine on Thursday around 1700 hrs and is currently in it's 4th day of transit to Cornwall with UPS.
Old 03-12-17, 02:04 PM   #20
donp
Forum Supporter 2013

Charles, having worked for one of the larger nationwide haulage/courier companies for 25 years before retirement have seen a lot of what happens, and generally found the larger items I E your pallet size cannot be thrown about with ease but the small things can at times get some mishandling, not saying all or any companies are in this bracket but you do hear some tales at times.
donp is offline   Reply With Quote