UK Stationary Engine Forum
 

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-17, 09:56 PM   #11
martinpaff
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
 
martinpaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 11,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
The heavy rain last night did make the fields a bit soft and anything 2 wheel drive had to be towed out...
Understand that some cars with 4-wheel drive had to be towed out...?

MP
martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:02 PM   #12
nickh
Forum Supporter 2013
 
nickh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Middx.
Posts: 13,031
Default

Always find it amusing to see a 'Chelsea tractor' type 4X4 with stupid wide, shallow treaded tyres, stuck just as solid as any two-wheel drive job.

NHH
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:05 PM   #13
miley_bob
Senior Member
 
miley_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpaff View Post
Understand that some cars with 4-wheel drive had to be towed out...?

MP
Mine made it out of the grass field, but not the stubble that I went on first thing this morning. I think mine was about the only 4x4 without off road tyres, & towing a trailer to make it out of the grass field under its own power as it was uphill all the way out and a couple of people had made a right mess in the gate hole spinning their wheels and digging in, rather than waiting for a tow.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:06 PM   #14
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013
 
Hornet 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochford
Posts: 2,332
Default

Thanks for the pics, looks a good turn out considering the weather.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1mU21PVnBpR09n

What is it please ?

Neil.
__________________
Wolseley WD 8, Stuart Turner P5, Maytag 92, Kubota KND3, Maytag 72.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:10 PM   #15
miley_bob
Senior Member
 
miley_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
Thanks for the pics, looks a good turn out considering the weather.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1mU21PVnBpR09n

What is it please ?

Neil.
Amanco type K. There is a picture of the info board in the next picture.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:12 PM   #16
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013
 
Hornet 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochford
Posts: 2,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
Amanco type K. There is a picture of the info board in the next picture.
Thanks, never seen another and quiet like the look.
Off to see if I can find one

Neil.
__________________
Wolseley WD 8, Stuart Turner P5, Maytag 92, Kubota KND3, Maytag 72.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:33 PM   #17
Headless
Senior Member
 
Headless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: City of Culture 2017
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
Mine made it out of the grass field, but not the stubble that I went on first thing this morning. I think mine was about the only 4x4 without off road tyres, & towing a trailer to make it out of the grass field under its own power as it was uphill all the way out and a couple of people had made a right mess in the gate hole spinning their wheels and digging in, rather than waiting for a tow.
Yes your car/trailer combo made it out but you were not driving it.
__________________
Andy
Visit Internal Fires eBay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Internal-Fi...id=p4340.l2563
Headless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 10:58 PM   #18
Robotstar5
Senior Member
 
Robotstar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,448
Default

Looks like you had a decent turn out, thanks for posting the photo's

Stuart.
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.
Robotstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-17, 08:40 AM   #19
donp
Forum Supporter 2013
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North East Area
Posts: 1,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
Thanks, never seen another and quiet like the look.
Off to see if I can find one

Neil.
You and me as well Neil, if anyone has a one spare there is a Mar-vil and possibly some cash here for a swap,

Mar-vill has a new home so no longer available

Last edited by donp; 31-12-17 at 02:35 PM.
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-17, 12:35 PM   #20
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013
 
Hornet 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochford
Posts: 2,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
You and me as well Neil, if anyone has a one spare there is a Mar-vil and possibly some cash here for a swap
Got a sneaky feeling it would need to be more than a little cash, should you actually find one.

The one pictured is one of two that come up with every google search.

Neil.
__________________
Wolseley WD 8, Stuart Turner P5, Maytag 92, Kubota KND3, Maytag 72.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.