UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section

Old 21-08-17, 10:48 AM   #1
cameltank

Default GDSF at long last!

Greetings One and All,

Its that time of year that sees me descending on all the miles of engine junk and jumble at GDSF hoping to find a specific part... I have no running engine this year but hope to spend a good day walking the engine lines - which of this motley crew are heading that way and what will you be bringing - just so I / anyone else from t'forum heading there can say hello...

Best

Hamish
cameltank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 12:15 PM   #2
PuttPuttBang
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltank View Post
Greetings One and All,

Its that time of year that sees me descending on all the miles of engine junk and jumble at GDSF hoping to find a specific part... I have no running engine this year but hope to spend a good day walking the engine lines - which of this motley crew are heading that way and what will you be bringing - just so I / anyone else from t'forum heading there can say hello...

Best

Hamish
We're heading over for a day, looking forward to it, it's always a good event..

1929 Ruston-Hornsby 6 AP, 1925 Ruston-Hornsby 5 IP.
PuttPuttBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 03:09 PM   #3
Lister M

I and ExGreeney are travelling down tomorrow in convoy, I'm towing the engine etc and he has the flat pack caravan in tow, we are displaying my single flywheel Lister A and a Lister OB1 pump.
Come and find us.
Dont go looking for parts, we will have had them away before the public arrives

Martin P
Old 21-08-17, 03:26 PM   #4
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Have a safe trip everyone.

Peter
listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 08:33 PM   #5
single flywheel

Smile GDSF at long last

I have been to many events this year and only seen a handful of single
flywheel listers nice to know I am not alone showing these early listers.
M watt.
single flywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-17, 08:43 PM   #6
Lister M

I came close to not going to Dorset tomorrow, I had an appointment this morning to see a Podiatrist for my six month check up of my feet particularly my right foot, I have Charcot foot, I announced that I had some pain/discomfort in the arch near my heel which caused the podiatrist to do a thorough check including temperature comparisons with my left foot, if my right foot is two degree's warmer than the left then its several months in an aircast which means I am not allowed to walk, drive etc, the last time I had eight months of this. My foot had a temp differential of 1.9 degree's so a phone call was made to the hospital to speak to the head podiatrist and the issue was discussed, they both agreed that I could go to Dorset because 1. I have a friend with me and 2. I'm taking my mobility scooter which means I wont actually be doing any walking and 3. because of where the discomfort is it could be a tendon strain, that .1 of a degree could have seriously cocked up the rest of the year. I will add that I also have neuropathy in both feet which means I cant generally feel pain so when I do feel discomfort/pain a normal person would not be able to walk and be in agony.
So if any of you come to say hello you may get beckoned over the ropes as I've promised to rest the foot as much as possible and may not get up. When I return from Dorset I have to attend another appointment to be checked again, hopefully it will have returned to normal.

Martin P
Old 21-08-17, 08:57 PM   #7
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Sorry to hear that Martin, get well soonest
As for not feeling pain, wish I had been you on saturday morning, when I fetched myself a terrible blow to the left shin, with a bloody starting handle
Today it is slowly going black and blue, although the temperature of my shin has fallen a little.

Neil.
Old 22-08-17, 10:38 AM   #8
cameltank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister M View Post
I and ExGreeney are travelling down tomorrow in convoy, I'm towing the engine etc and he has the flat pack caravan in tow, we are displaying my single flywheel Lister A and a Lister OB1 pump.
Come and find us.
Dont go looking for parts, we will have had them away before the public arrives

Martin P
Arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you leave those stands alone!

:) however when I used to exhibit I'd really like that 'first dibs' look at the trade stands - one of life little pleasures...(if you're as sad as me that is!)

safe trip down

Best

Hamish
cameltank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-17, 07:58 PM   #9
Lister M

Arrived at Dorset rally two days before rally to find Red 1 almost full, we are so far from the rally the seaside is the other side of the fence anyway the journey was eventful, because I have the bigger more powerful car I elected to follow Exgrenney because I had more chance to keep up with him. We set our satnavs to the same postcode, I know where I'm going and use it for detours, it was Exgreeney's first time driving.
All went well until we were halfway through Milton Keynes when Peter turned left at a roundabout, I rang him to tell him he had gone wrong so that was sorted. We stopped for a pee break at the M4 A34 junction, when we left Peter lead out but kept left and didn't go along the A34 so another phone call and 20 mins later he caught up. In Salisbury his satnav told him to do a U turn and the switched off, it was decided that I lead and I've offered to put a hammer through his Satnav
Old 22-08-17, 09:10 PM   #10
slatteybarn

Send us a postcard and a stick of rock Martin!
Have a great time to all the forum members that are going either as exhibitors or paying public.
We are going to hold off for a few more yeas untill the boys are abit older,I don't fancey pushing the pram around 660odd arces of Dorsets finest mud,......or ploughing through 6"of dust.

Regards
Phil.
slatteybarn is online now   Reply With Quote