UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies Picture Gallery

Old 06-08-17, 10:29 PM   #1
Wave Solder

Default Cromford steam Rally 2017

A few pictures from Cromford Steam Rally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruston.jpg (77.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg jap.jpg (147.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg lister.jpg (123.9 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg engine.jpg (125.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg bbmf.jpg (67.7 KB, 70 views)
Old 07-08-17, 10:40 AM   #2
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

We were very fortunate with the weather as well, a lot better than predicted, and there seemed to be plenty of 'punters' around both days. My engine ran OK, the water pump rather less so, and the company was good. Hopefully the engine pens will be rearranged for next year!

Pete.
Windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 10:43 AM   #3
miley_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrush View Post
We were very fortunate with the weather as well, a lot better than predicted, and there seemed to be plenty of 'punters' around both days. My engine ran OK, the water pump rather less so, and the company was good. Hopefully the engine pens will be rearranged for next year!

Pete.
I echo what you say Pete. I would also say that sadly Cromford seems to attract a few of the entry ticket mob and they need to be culled ASAP. One exhibitor managed to actually have a full on stall on his pitch whilst another had a scruffy looking Lister D and about 20ft of crap for sale all around it. P**s takers like this do not do our hobby any favours :-(

Other than that the rally was good, especially given the horrendous ground conditions early in the week, which meant the committee couldn't start setting up until the Thursday afternoon. Well done to all involved.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-17, 12:52 PM   #4
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
I echo what you say Pete. I would also say that sadly Cromford seems to attract a few of the entry ticket mob and they need to be culled ASAP. One exhibitor managed to actually have a full on stall on his pitch whilst another had a scruffy looking Lister D and about 20ft of crap for sale all around it. P**s takers like this do not do our hobby any favours :-(

Other than that the rally was good, especially given the horrendous ground conditions early in the week, which meant the committee couldn't start setting up until the Thursday afternoon. Well done to all involved.
I agree about the committee, I seriously had doubts that it would take place knowing what that site is like in wet weather. They did well.

The weekly car boot sale was actually across the road from the rally Mike, maybe some just took the wrong turning? Those blooming sat navs again......

It was a pity that several of the booked engine exhibitors were suffering from ill health so couldn't attend the rally (that 'age thing' yet again!) as they were mostly 'genuine' exhibitors with tidy set-ups and would have run them all day.

Pete.
Old 04-09-17, 06:21 PM   #5
passerby

Lots of Photo's been posted on facebook of stationary engines from this rally. How many of you on here were there?
passerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:50 PM   #6
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerby View Post
Lots of Photo's been posted on facebook of stationary engines from this rally. How many of you on here were there?
Well Miley_bob, Headless and yours truly were there for starters!

Pete.
Old 04-09-17, 07:09 PM   #7
Lister M

Pete,

Farcebook seems to be the place to put stuff these days, it will kill this Forum and others one day, sadly. I personally don't subscribe as I don't see the point of putting one's day to day musings up for all to see.

Martin P
Old 04-09-17, 07:20 PM   #8
dieselfumes

I was there, (mines the Ruston in the first photo) thoroughly enjoyed it, as said well done to those who organised it.
dieselfumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 07:46 PM   #9
Robotstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister M View Post
Pete,

Farcebook seems to be the place to put stuff these days, it will kill this Forum and others one day, sadly. I personally don't subscribe as I don't see the point of putting one's day to day musings up for all to see.

Martin P
I only joined it for the local history and special interest groups, I do have 3 "friends" (wife & 2 sisters ) but have no interest in what my old school mates had for their breakfast.

Stuart.
Old 04-09-17, 07:58 PM   #10
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotstar5 View Post
I only joined it for the local history and special interest groups, I do have 3 "friends" (wife & 2 sisters ) but have no interest in what my old school mates had for their breakfast.

Stuart.
Much the same here Stuart, plenty of groups (vehicle/rail/construction/stationary engine groups etc) that interest me including places where I worked etc and the history of places I have lived. Contact with my brother as well to keep in touch otherwise I rarely update my timeline as I don't think that I do anything in my life that would interest anybody really. A lot of forum members are on facebook though, and photos and videos are so simple to post.

Pete.