UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections > Lister A & B

Old 16-09-16, 11:59 PM   #11
Cycloid

That's it But I've now found out I'm missing the tube on the governor side as well, But it's the greaser on the magneto drive side that's missing. Its the knurled cap part I need to try and find. Brilliant thank you. Can you tell me how to upload photos please?
graham
Cycloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 12:06 AM   #12
Cycloid

Martin, A Lister has kindly sent me some pictures of his Lister A. The 6" inch tube of which you speak is on the governor side of his engine. The other picture shows the brass cap greaser that sits above the crankshaft sprocket drive to the mag. we might at last be getting somewhere. It now seems I might be missing a tube from the governor side also.There is definitely a hole on the governor side were the tube could sit!
Old 17-09-16, 12:15 AM   #13
'A' Lister

If it's just the screw-on brass knurled part you are missing from the greaser, I'm sure someone on here will be able to find one for you (or the complete unit), as the same greaser was used on the Lister D rocker shaft, and there must be quite a few of them knocking about in people's spare parts boxes?

As for posting photos, there are various ways of doing it, but as a starting point have a look at the tutorial post here: http://www.stationary-engine.net/for...ad.php?t=25836
Old 17-09-16, 09:17 AM   #14
Cycloid

Thank you to all who have discussed my Lister Junior greaser cap problem. I have learned a lot more about Lister A's in the short time I've been a Forum member. I now feel I am some of the way on to source the parts I need. Thanks to all. If anyone could tell me how to upload pictures I'd be grateful. It is no doubt very easy it seems I'm missing something? Incidentally, the parts list calls the part missing 'quadrant lubricator' p -no 2/525 the general term used on the forum is camshaft greaser!

Last edited by Cycloid; 17-09-16 at 09:23 AM.
Old 17-09-16, 11:16 AM   #15
'A' Lister

Which Parts list are you looking at? The one I have is a reproduction booklet called: "Petrol and petrol-paraffin engines two flywheel models - type A, AK, B and BK instruction and spare parts book". This calls part 2/525 'Camshaft end cover oiler'. However, under the section heading 'LUBRICATION' it refers to is as 'greaser on end of camshaft'.

So I think it's fair to call it the camshaft greaser to avoid confusion. As I said, this type of two-part brass greaser with knurled top was also used on the rocker shaft on some models of the Lister D - however, other designs of greaser were also used on the Lister D, so make sure you get the right one!

Hope this is helpful.

Update: I think I've solved the issue, they've used the same part number for the quadrant lubricator pipe cap (although this is a flap-top oiler). If you look under 'Illus no.' 12 Camshaft End Cover Oiler you'll see part 2/525 listed... and it's there again under 'Illus No.' 70 as 'Governor Quadrant Lubricator'.

I suppose it's possible that they originally used the same part but changed the camshaft oiler to a greaser at some time during the production run? As they made all sorts of minor changes to the engines over the years (and for different Spec numbers) the parts list in the booklet won't apply to all engines in every case. In all fairness, it does state "Figures given in this List are subject to revision without notice" at the beginning of the Spare Parts List!

I suppose the question now is: Which one is fitted to your engine?! Here's a photo of the brass greaser without the top on it, hopefully you can tell if yours is the same or different:

Last edited by 'A' Lister; 17-09-16 at 12:31 PM.
'A' Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-16, 05:55 PM   #16
air-cooled

I have the brass greaser if you still need one.

Phillip
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 09:30 AM   #17
Cycloid

Thank you for your clear photo the Lister Greaser. The Picture shown shows the greaser cap removed. This is exactly how my engine looks at present, it looks to me that if your greaser cap was fitted to my engine it would go straight on! I purchased my parts list from the Museum of Internal Fire via their eBay sales page. I have noticed that 'Air Cooled' has posted on the site to the effect that he has one that we may be able to come to some arrangement over. However, special thanks to yourself for providing me with so much detail and information. I never realised before joining the forum just how enthusiastic and helpful you Engine Buff's all are!

Thank you very much!!
Old 18-09-16, 09:43 AM   #18
Cycloid

Phillip,
Thank you very much for your offer of a Greaser for my Lister A. I am still looking for the missing part. 'A Lister' has been extremely helpful in helping me to identify the part and if you read the last thread he's posted it shows his engine with the greaser cap removed. That is exactly how my engine looks at present. As I am new to the Stationary Engine hobby and even newer to the Forum I don't yet know how Members sell, buy or exchange parts with other members on the site. But A Lister's last picture has hit the nail on the head so if the component you have is like that then I would like to procure it for my Lister please.

Regards, Graham
Old 18-09-16, 10:16 AM   #19
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

To upload a suitably resized picture, when you are posting a message and before you actually post it, scroll down the page to 'Manage attachments' and click on that. Don't post anything bigger than 1024 X 768 pixels.

Follow the instructions.

Close that window then post your message.

Peter
listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 02:49 PM   #20
air-cooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloid View Post
Phillip,
Thank you very much for your offer of a Greaser for my Lister A. (snip)
Regards, Graham
Hi Graham,
You have a PM (privatel message), click on Your Notifications in the top right.
Phillip
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote