UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Event Cancellations & Last-Minute News 2014

Old 13-05-14, 10:22 PM   #1
Cyder

Default Stoke Row Steam Rally 7th & 8th June cancelled

Hi All,

For anyone who entered or planned to come along to this cracking small and friendly show, it has had to be cancelled owing to the extremely wet ground - following all the rain earlier in the year the springs are still in full flow and there isn't time for it to dry out, so the rally has been cancelled until 2015.

Regards,
Dan.

www.stokerowsteamrally.com
Old 13-05-14, 10:28 PM   #2
miley_bob

Sad news. Know how much hard work goes into organising an event it must be a horrible decision for the organisers to make.

If anybody that was due to attend this rally still wants a weekend away I am happy to accept late entries at Newby Hall. Its a long drive, but the alternative is there if anybody fancies it.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-14, 10:33 PM   #3
Cyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
Sad news. Know how much hard work goes into organising an event it must be a horrible decision for the organisers to make.

If anybody that was due to attend this rally still wants a weekend away I am happy to accept late entries at Newby Hall. Its a long drive, but the alternative is there if anybody fancies it.
Might just take you up on that Mike - always wanted to go to Newby Hall.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 13-05-14, 10:40 PM   #4
miley_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyder View Post
Might just take you up on that Mike - always wanted to go to Newby Hall.
Regards,
Dan.
If you pm me your e-mail adress I will send you an entry form. It won't make up for the cancellation of your event, but I am sure you would enjoy Newby especially as I know you like Lister's. We have over 210 engines entered with 1200+ exhibits overall. Amongst the Lister's we have the following models entered A, B, CD, CS, D, F, G, H, J, JP4, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, X A Southwell/Lister and even an open crank Lister (Sold by Lister's in Canada).
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-14, 11:35 PM   #5
wfb26

Default big entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley_bob View Post
If you pm me your e-mail adress I will send you an entry form. It won't make up for the cancellation of your event, but I am sure you would enjoy Newby especially as I know you like Lister's. We have over 210 engines entered with 1200+ exhibits overall. Amongst the Lister's we have the following models entered A, B, CD, CS, D, F, G, H, J, JP4, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, X A Southwell/Lister and even an open crank Lister (Sold by Lister's in Canada).
that is a good entry of engines you have this year looking forward to it. hope we get good weather.
wfb26 is offline   Reply With Quote