UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section

Old 28-02-14, 07:50 PM   #11
HenryB
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
I think I will probably give it ago and just admit to them with your excuse Jules. Also don't worry about the entry ticket comment its just that technically I was one! I will ask parental management first and if they moan about me doing too much stuff then I guess I will have to go along with it! Since they will have to spent the whole of mays weekends ferrying me around!
Many thanks James
You said you wouldn't miss Launceston for anything!
Old 28-02-14, 07:58 PM   #12
mo3mini
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryB View Post
You said you wouldn't miss Launceston for anything!
But you have to miss it if your engine isn't 'old enough' wonder how many more shows will start doing this? Doesn't stop me. Maytag is 1946 Not that its entered into this show though.
Old 28-02-14, 08:05 PM   #13
chuck
Forum Supporter 2013

So what these people are saying is that if your engine is NOT 60 years old plus (even if it has been dry stored for goodness how many years) but yours has run most of it's life then it is not permitted to be exhibited. What is the definition of Vintage and Veteran in the Car and Tractor World?
Charles

Last edited by chuck; 28-02-14 at 08:49 PM.
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-15, 08:24 PM   #14
Scott

Hello all.
In my opinion, the easiest thing to do would be to get another inspection door with a pre 50's number for James's little D. It seems there are a few on EBay in the UK and I would be surprised if someone close to James didn't have a spare door he could use.

Cheers Scott
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 12:20 AM   #15
'A' Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Hello all.
In my opinion, the easiest thing to do would be to get another inspection door with a pre 50's number for James's little D. It seems there are a few on EBay in the UK and I would be surprised if someone close to James didn't have a spare door he could use.

Cheers Scott
I don't believe what I've just read.
Old 05-11-15, 04:41 AM   #16
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'A' Lister View Post
Why?
Please explain?

Which is worse. Just turning up with an engine that does not follow the given guidelines and been told to leave, or temporarily making the engine fit the guidelines.
What the difference between a 1955 Lister D and a 1949 Lister D? The number on the tag.
If the truth be known, how many people can guarantee that their entire engine was pre 1950 as in this case?
New crank, new head, flywheel.... new anything could have been added or changed over the years. You could build a Lister D from the spare parts shop. Hell, if I wanted to I could go out in the shed and build a Lister D out of parts. What year would it be? Crankcase from 1928, tank from 1936, crank from 1930, carbi from 1955. What year model is it?
What do you if the tag is missing off your Lister D and you want to go in this pre 1950 shindig??

Is it ideal to change inspection doors (tags)? Not really. But it is a bit restricting saying only pre 1950 engines as well. Especially for young people just starting.

Or should the flywheel and tag be changed? Who could tell when the thing was made if that happened?
If changing the number is so bad who buys all those tags and doors ebay has for sale?

Last edited by Scott; 05-11-15 at 04:55 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 05:02 AM   #17
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'A' Lister View Post
So why didn't you say the same to the below comments?
Maybe because I'm not one of the 'boys'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezfair View Post
Launceston is a 3 dayer and quite a large one for us. I would put it down as 1950 and make a new sign up

I will be in the same boat with the startomatic as its 1956, but being big and interesting it would be a shame to see it banned.

I expect there will be exceptions but I suspect it's down to keep 1960+ japs away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiBRIGGSANDSTRATTON View Post
Id just tweak my year of manufacture slightly and press on
Old 05-11-15, 09:14 AM   #18
martinpaff
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Considering this is a very old thread, and the rally has run twice without any further comment on this thread, I hardly think it is worth worrying about.

MP
martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 09:25 AM   #19
Scott

Well there you go. I wonder why it was at the top of the list for me?

Thanks for that Martin.
Old 05-11-15, 09:32 AM   #20
novo

I keep a sign amongst my rally stuff in case of breakdown. It says,---- Sorry, unable to run due to mechanical difficulties. (And thats just me, my engines not very well either).----I wrote it at Long Melford a few years ago when my 6PS played up, causes a few smiles & conversation with visitors. In fact i drew a crowd that year, with visitors returning to see if i'd got it going -(I did eventually.) Lots of banter. I almost enjoyed the breakdown.