UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Rally Hints & Tips

Old 03-09-12, 08:43 PM   #21
PuttPuttBang
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLincs View Post
Hi Mark,

I remember my first rally. My engine (a 6PB) hitched a ride in a friends trailer and had mag problems on the field. But it was a good day and there have been many more since!

I keep my rally kit in a couple of supermarket veg crates, so all I have to do is load them in the car. I have added things as I find I need them and they stay in the crate ready for the next outing.

Good luck, enjoy, and tell us all how you got on...

Regards

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, looking forward to it, plenty of pics to follow (I hope). It'll be the first outing for our new Hymer too. (new to us, that is.)

1929 Ruston-Hornsby 6 AP, 1925 Ruston-Hornsby 5 IP.
PuttPuttBang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:18 PM   #22
Billy Purves

Hi Mark, Like Martin has already mentioned half fill your fuel tank on the engine, fill your oilers and pack your greasers.
Have a bottle of oil with you to top up your oilers and your fuel can obviously, a selection of spanners and a wire brush to clean your ignitor...if need be....

Engine men are generally more than happy to help with you with anything else.

You have to enjoy yourself too remember.
Billy Purves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:50 PM   #23
PuttPuttBang
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Purves View Post
Hi Mark, Like Martin has already mentioned half fill your fuel tank on the engine, fill your oilers and pack your greasers.
Have a bottle of oil with you to top up your oilers and your fuel can obviously, a selection of spanners and a wire brush to clean your ignitor...if need be....

Engine men are generally more than happy to help with you with anything else.

You have to enjoy yourself too remember.
Thanks Billy, like Martin, I have chosen my oil on the basis of colour. I had some SAE30 turbodiesel oil for the Landy, which is a lovely golden colour, so I use that. The Mobil1 0W40 I have is a bit too runny. I have some excellent Whitworth spanners, courtesy of eBay, which seem to fit everything on the engine, so they're coming too. I didn't think of the wire brush, that's a good idea.

Mark

1929 Ruston-Hornsby 6 AP, 1925 Ruston-Hornsby 5 IP.
PuttPuttBang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 11:27 PM   #24
engine junkie

Apart from the goodies for the engine mate don,t forget the fuel for you and the good lady . And some warm clothes in case of wet/cold weather most importantly enjoy the weekend.
engine junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13, 10:11 PM   #25
EarlBathurst
Forum Supporter 2013

Well, i am going to do something i said i'd never do , take an engine to a rally!
i've been conned into it by my uncle who's also going, thought i'd look this type of thing up and found this thread , very useful advise on here , still not sure though!
Either way it'll be a one off as my Railway exploits take a presidence with 6023 about to come home to Didcot and be readied for main line running !
100ish Allens,1xListerH, 11xListerD's,4xListerA's,3xListerB's,ListerG1,3xListerJ,3xListerL,1xListerTL,1xListerLH,1xListerM ,1xListerN,1xListerP. 1xwolseleyWD11,1xWolsleyWD8,1xRustonBPR,1xRuston1.5PB 1xRustonPB3hp,1xRustonPT, 2xPetterM, :-/2hp.1xPetterM1-1/2hp,1xPetterM6hp,1xListerCS9/1, 1xAmanco3-1/2hp.1xBamford2-1/2hptulioptop.1x Bamford EG1. 1-Farebanks Morse Headless 1-1/2hp.1xVilliersWX11.

www.johnallenofoxford.webs.com
EarlBathurst is offline   Reply With Quote