UK Stationary Engine Forum
 

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Welcome! > Forum Help & FAQ's Section

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-11, 10:25 PM   #21
J.R.F.
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chard, Somerset
Posts: 48
Default Red letters

Is it really needed to go red and have the words "Forum Supporter" under? The green was a lot kinder on the eye, and I found it useful to see who was a newbie, or relative newbie to the forum, Admin etc. Can a more subtle indicator be found?

Another thing: is the supporter status going to expire after a set period of time, perhaps annually?

I'm all for the idea behind the button as my new bright colour shows!
John
J.R.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:26 PM   #22
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
 
listerdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,833
Default

There doesn't seem to be a Gift button on the PayPal merchant section, but I have emailed them and asked the question.

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:29 PM   #23
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
 
listerdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.F. View Post
Is it really needed to go red and have the words "Forum Supporter" under? The green was a lot kinder on the eye, and I found it useful to see who was a newbie, or relative newbie to the forum, Admin etc. Can a more subtle indicator be found?

Another thing: is the supporter status going to expire after a set period of time, perhaps annually?

I'm all for the idea behind the button as my new bright colour shows!
John
Thanks for the donation, John, much appreciated.

When I was setting this up, there was a huge amount of code and lines of stuff to go through, and we had a problem just as we started to run the new group, so I didn't really have time to get anything 'nicer' sorted out.

Also, the Admin Team don't get to have a special colour, even though they are supporters, we have left that as is.

I'll try a couple of colours out, perhaps a more 'Ruston Hornsby maroon'?

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:33 PM   #24
mo3mini
Forum Supporter 2013
 
mo3mini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somewhere in the UK :)
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel View Post
Thanks for the donation, John, much appreciated.

When I was setting this up, there was a huge amount of code and lines of stuff to go through, and we had a problem just as we started to run the new group, so I didn't really have time to get anything 'nicer' sorted out.

Also, the Admin Team don't get to have a special colour, even though they are supporters, we have left that as is.

I'll try a couple of colours out, perhaps a more 'Ruston Hornsby maroon'?

Peter
How about an option where we can choose the colour? like in the edit profile section. I hope to donate soon, not to confident with the whole paypal thing. Dad always taught me never to put my account details online lol
__________________
Dan
mo3mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:40 PM   #25
J.R.F.
Forum Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chard, Somerset
Posts: 48
Default

I love the maroon!
Thanks
John
J.R.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:41 PM   #26
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
 
listerdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo3mini View Post
How about an option where we can choose the colour? like in the edit profile section. I hope to donate soon, not to confident with the whole paypal thing. Dad always taught me never to put my account details online lol
If you saw what was involved, you wouldn't ask that question!

It's bad enough changing the usergroup colours, but to do it individually would be almost impossible, you're dealing with a huge 1gb database file set with over 3000 users involved, all or most of which are posting on and off during the day.

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:42 PM   #27
WolseleyWizard
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel View Post
There doesn't seem to be a Gift button on the PayPal merchant section, but I have emailed them and asked the question.

Peter
If you go through your own personal account, there is a gift button in there.

I did it as a gift because paypal are getting greedy.

W
  Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 10:42 PM   #28
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
 
listerdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.F. View Post
I love the maroon!
Thanks
John
LOL! The things we do to keep our folks happy

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 11:37 PM   #29
The Hinch
Senior Member
 
The Hinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lisburn, but I'd rather be having a pint of Deuchars in The Maltings!
Posts: 271
Default

I don't have paypal, are there any other methods?
__________________
1953 D restored, 1929 D waiting restoration, Lister Domestic pump restoring
The Hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-11, 11:48 PM   #30
mo3mini
Forum Supporter 2013
 
mo3mini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somewhere in the UK :)
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hinch View Post
I don't have paypal, are there any other methods?
Im in the same boat. Would like to contribute but can't as I don't have paypal. Other payment methods could be a good idea
__________________
Dan
mo3mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.