UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections > Lister A & B

Old 26-01-16, 04:52 PM   #31
FHPearman

It should be a taper pin holding the governor arm on, it should come out fairly easily. On my A it was a straight pin with split pins to keep it in position, presumably robbed from one of the governor linkages which had been replaced with a nut & bolt.
Fred
Old 26-01-16, 06:58 PM   #32
'A' Lister

To be honest, I didn't bother removing the governor arm when I restored my engine as I didn't think it was worth the mither! I found it quite accessible to prepare and paint without dismantling it.
Old 09-02-16, 04:40 PM   #33
kevjankie

Hi All, Not done to much to the engine just waiting for better weather so I can work on it outside, lack of space in the garage. but I have got the governor arm off by drilling the pin out, and I also got hold of a fuel tank but had to make some straps for it, and I think it looks ok..?

kevjankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 04:28 PM   #34
kevjankie

Made a start on the new trolley for the A, it will make it a bit more easy to rebuild the engine when I start putting it back together and move around.

Old 23-04-16, 09:16 AM   #35
kevjankie

Trolley almost finished apart from the paint, then I can crack on with the engine.

Old 23-04-16, 10:47 AM   #36
'A' Lister

It's looking very smart, what colour are you doing the wheels? I usually spray them matt black as it looks like iron but stops the rust. The only thing to be careful of, especially if the front wheels fit under the main trolley rails, is that the engine doesn't fall over sideways when you are moving it. The engine base tends to raise the centre of gravity a bit, and if you're on a side slope and turn the wheels up hill it could turn turtle! Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished, so keep up the progress updates.
Old 23-04-16, 12:49 PM   #37
kevjankie

Thanks jules . I never gave that a thought, I will fit some steering stops to the under side of the trolley. As for the wheels i was going to paint them Brunswick green the same as the engine and all the other metal work, but i will see as i go.

Kevin.
Old 23-04-16, 10:04 PM   #38
Numpty

Don't fit stops, just be aware of the issue. You will find it very useful to manoeuvre into tight spaces in a crowded shed!
Old 04-05-16, 02:32 PM   #39
kevjankie

Got some paint on the engine base a week ago and on the metal work matt black on the trolley, and got some paint on the engine block last night. Just got to wait now before I can move the block onto the base while the paint cures a tad.

Old 06-05-16, 10:45 AM   #40
'A' Lister

I think the trolley looks very nice indeed, the black iron makes a nice contrast against the wood and the rich green of the engine base. It's all down to personal taste in the end, but I think it would have looked a bit like one of those 'colour coded' cars that were all the rage with boy racers in the 1980s if you'd painted the wheels and steering hitch MB Green! It's going to look lovely once you've finished it. Are you planning on taking it to any rallies this year?