UK Stationary Engine Forum
 

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Restorations Section

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-10, 06:26 PM   #21
Abes
Senior Member
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ringwood
Posts: 917
Default

Now i do like that lol
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 06:33 PM   #22
weechris
Senior Member
 
weechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dumfries/SCOTLAND
Posts: 113
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Now i do like that lol
cheers mate
__________________
wrigley truck - Mk25 villiers engine(HALF WAY THERE)
Mk20 villiers engine - JUST AWAITING TREATMENT
Mk15 villiers engine - RESTORING
weechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 06:55 PM   #23
Abes
Senior Member
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ringwood
Posts: 917
Default

Could i be a right nosey git and ask what sort of price these go for as i think this sort of thing could be in the frame for my next project lol
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 07:11 PM   #24
weechris
Senior Member
 
weechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dumfries/SCOTLAND
Posts: 113
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Could i be a right nosey git and ask what sort of price these go for as i think this sort of thing could be in the frame for my next project lol
they are hard to come by but when you find one they are usually coming in at 300-400 for a good condtion/driveable but some can be bought at 200-300 if you are looking for a restoration project to keep you busy for a long time when are you planning on getting one mate..?
__________________
wrigley truck - Mk25 villiers engine(HALF WAY THERE)
Mk20 villiers engine - JUST AWAITING TREATMENT
Mk15 villiers engine - RESTORING
weechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 07:22 PM   #25
Abes
Senior Member
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ringwood
Posts: 917
Default

If the right one and at the right price came up tomorrow then tomorrow it would be lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by weechris View Post
they are hard to come by but when you find one they are usually coming in at 300-400 for a good condtion/driveable but some can be bought at 200-300 if you are looking for a restoration project to keep you busy for a long time when are you planning on getting one mate..?
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 07:32 PM   #26
weechris
Senior Member
 
weechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dumfries/SCOTLAND
Posts: 113
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
If the right one and at the right price came up tomorrow then tomorrow it would be lol
ok well what do you call the right one and whats your right price limit for one if you dont mind me asking
__________________
wrigley truck - Mk25 villiers engine(HALF WAY THERE)
Mk20 villiers engine - JUST AWAITING TREATMENT
Mk15 villiers engine - RESTORING
weechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 08:57 PM   #27
Mowersman
Forum Supporter 2012
 
Mowersman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Yeovil, Somerset
Posts: 2,270
Default

Hi, Just asked a Wrigley expert and...

Frame and engine unit= Bright red (Post Office Red)
Bumper plate, Controls and Wheels=Black
Woodwork=Stained and Varnished Light Oak
Floorboards=Creosoted
__________________
SE related; 1946 Petter A1 TVO, 1946 Lister D, 1940 Lister CS 5/1, 1963 Lister D, 1936 Lister B, Stuart water pump, Centrix lathe.
Non SE; Ferguson TED20, Various lawnmowers, rotavators etc, 1965 Series 2A Land Rover.
Mowersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 09:08 PM   #28
Abes
Senior Member
 
Abes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ringwood
Posts: 917
Default

A small Wrigley or Geest looks like it would fit the bill around the 300 quid mark. would like the same sort of back as yours ie trailer type, have to do some more homework to see what is possible ie design wise
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 09:23 PM   #29
weechris
Senior Member
 
weechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dumfries/SCOTLAND
Posts: 113
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowersman View Post
Hi, Just asked a Wrigley expert and...

Frame and engine unit= Bright red (Post Office Red)
Bumper plate, Controls and Wheels=Black
Woodwork=Stained and Varnished Light Oak
Floorboards=Creosoted
WOW ! cheers mate much thought after
__________________
wrigley truck - Mk25 villiers engine(HALF WAY THERE)
Mk20 villiers engine - JUST AWAITING TREATMENT
Mk15 villiers engine - RESTORING
weechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 09:43 PM   #30
weechris
Senior Member
 
weechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dumfries/SCOTLAND
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
A small Wrigley or Geest looks like it would fit the bill around the 300 quid mark. would like the same sort of back as yours ie trailer type, have to do some more homework to see what is possible ie design wise
check your mail mate
__________________
wrigley truck - Mk25 villiers engine(HALF WAY THERE)
Mk20 villiers engine - JUST AWAITING TREATMENT
Mk15 villiers engine - RESTORING
weechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
engine, paint colours, show, truck, villiers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.