UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Only Stuff > Oil & Gas Engines

Old 26-11-15, 12:08 PM   #21
crumpy
Forum Light User

Hi Martin, would you be able to ask your good friend whether he would be prepared to help me out with some basic dimensions of the missing parts please?
As I explained I am hoping to have a pattern made for the deflector casting but at the moment have no idea of sizes. As the hot tube is missing it will be hard to determine the width of the plate and the optimum position of the burner mount.

Thanks, will keep fingers crossed that someone will be able to help me out.

Mike
crumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-15, 01:43 PM   #22
danthetangye

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpy View Post
Hi Martin, would you be able to ask your good friend whether he would be prepared to help me out with some basic dimensions of the missing parts please?
As I explained I am hoping to have a pattern made for the deflector casting but at the moment have no idea of sizes. As the hot tube is missing it will be hard to determine the width of the plate and the optimum position of the burner mount.

Thanks, will keep fingers crossed that someone will be able to help me out.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Martin's engine ended up in my custody. Happy to measure up the deflector casting, though it may take me a while as I think the engine is still packed up in a box somewhere following some building work at home. Send me a PM with your email address.

Regards,
Dan
danthetangye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 04:55 PM   #23
danthetangye

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthetangye View Post
Hi Mike,
Martin's engine ended up in my custody. Happy to measure up the deflector casting, though it may take me a while as I think the engine is still packed up in a box somewhere following some building work at home. Send me a PM with your email address.

Regards,
Dan
Mike,
I have sent you a PM with a link to pics of my engine. I've added a couple of shots below for interest.

Dan
danthetangye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-15, 05:07 PM   #24
air-cooled

Very nice, Dan. Thanks for sharing. The water cooled ones seem to have survived in higher numbers than the air-cooled ones.

Phillip
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote