UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 03-01-15, 11:26 PM   #1
miley_bob

Default Newby Hall 2015

This years Newby Hall rally will be held on 6th & 7th June.

Last year saw us have a record entry of over 1300 exhibits including over 240 engines. The special feature for this year is Hot Bulb & Hot Tube engines and we are hoping to amass quite a display of these interesting engines. We also intend on continuing with the popular Saturday night light up. I am always interested in attracting new exhibitors, and hope that we can build on last years success, to carry on with what is now one of the biggest & most diverse engine displays to be seen in the UK.

Pictures of last years show can be seen at https://plus.google.com/photos/11296...809?banner=pwa

For more info on the rally please visit www.theyva.com or send me a PM.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 10:57 AM   #2
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Sorry, Mike, we'll be in France after Nuenen, won't be back in the UK until the evening of the 10th June.

Shame to miss it again, but we booked the ferry etc three months ago.

Peter
listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 06:29 PM   #3
Stevengine

Thumbs down Wrong special feature choice.

Although Hot bulb & Hot Tube engines are indeed very interesting exhibits, the chance of getting a big turn out will be slim - who's got one?
I think a much better "spot light" which would virtually equal the Listers of last year would have been a display of American built engines.

Amanco.
Fairbanks Morse.
International.
Hercules/Jaeger.
Witte.
Economy.
Stover.

This names but a few of the more popular ones, with many other less known makes also seen at other events too.
I own four American built engines myself (Amanco, International, Jaeger, London) & will be bringing at least one to this years event.
You might say that some Makes of American engines are rare, but in short how many makes of hot bulb/tube do you know as well.?

Perhaps this option might be considered for next year?

Steven
Stevengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-15, 08:17 PM   #4
Dazzla

I'm sure Mike will take on board your comments and I agree it would make an interesting line up, but I think he'll get a good turn out this year. By making it a "theme" it's likely to encourage owners to make the effort.

As for the number of hotbulbs and hot tubes out there, there are very very many. I've got 10, and I know a good few other owners with as many or more. Don't forget, there's loads of small (1hp and less) engines around. Blackstones and Crossleys seem to be just about everywhere. The Petter S and Handyman are very numerous, National's aren't exactly rare. The there's the multitude of Hornsby's, Gardners, Tangyes's, etc. I've hardly been comprehensive, the list of UK builders is long. Then there's the foreign ones.

I think there will be a good line up. Who knows, maybe my little Campbell will return to the rally field after 30+ years of just running in its shed at home!

Dazzla
Old 06-01-15, 08:22 PM   #5
jmcgrath

Where is this show? It looks quite good.
Old 06-01-15, 08:55 PM   #6
Headless

Just outside of Ripon, North Riding of Yorkshire.
Old 06-01-15, 11:14 PM   #7
miley_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevengine View Post
Although Hot bulb & Hot Tube engines are indeed very interesting exhibits, the chance of getting a big turn out will be slim - who's got one?
I think a much better "spot light" which would virtually equal the Listers of last year would have been a display of American built engines.

Amanco.
Fairbanks Morse.
International.
Hercules/Jaeger.
Witte.
Economy.
Stover.

This names but a few of the more popular ones, with many other less known makes also seen at other events too.
I own four American built engines myself (Amanco, International, Jaeger, London) & will be bringing at least one to this years event.
You might say that some Makes of American engines are rare, but in short how many makes of hot bulb/tube do you know as well.?

Perhaps this option might be considered for next year?

Steven
Steve

The special feature has been Lister & Petter over the last 2 years and has been hugely successful. The special feature doesn't have to be a common make, in the past we have had International and it drew about a dozen out of the woodwork. The aim of the theme is to get people to go to the effort to bring something out that wouldn't normally be shown.

Just because the special feature is Hot bulb & hot tube, it doesn't mean that other engines are not welcome.
Old 06-01-15, 11:21 PM   #8
adgecutler
Forum Supporter 2013

I'm hoping to come along as a spectator due to to feature this year, I hope it draws them out of hiding.
Old 07-01-15, 12:00 AM   #9
miley_bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgecutler View Post
I'm hoping to come along as a spectator due to to feature this year, I hope it draws them out of hiding.
Entry forms haven't been posted out yet and we all ready had a couple entered.

A 1906 Blackstone & an A&S Barker gas engine.
Old 08-01-15, 03:48 AM   #10
andybat49

It may be the feature this year but it don't mean you can't bring your engines along as well as yourself, Jamie. I will be bringing my Wolsely and my Bamford along again.
andybat49 is offline   Reply With Quote