UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Only Stuff > Model Stationary Engines

Old 09-08-13, 04:05 PM   #1
Grimmers

Default Linford

Hey guys,
Been quite a while since I last came on here, let alone posted a thread. Sorry for being away so long, just been busy with various issues, and masses of college work, girlfriend... stuff like that.

I wasn't too sure where to put this thread to be honest but I think it fits nicely into this section?

Since I came on before, for those of you who may remember me I started doing my apprenticeship in mechanical engineering, working at the University of Bradford.
I have successfully completed my level 2 diploma and NVQ, and currently starting my final year in September for my level 3.
Being in this sort of job, I have become quite confident and developed many skills using different machinery. Both manual and CNC.

Anyways, the point of the thread was to show you a project that I have been working on for almost a year now, amongst other things, which is a little model two stroke engine with opposed pistons.
The engine was designed and built by a dutch man called Jan Ridders... Some of you may be familiar with his work???
Heres a link to his website, the engine that im building:

http://ridders.nu/Webpaginas/pagina_...d_frameset.htm

Anyways there's a few pictures of my progress so far, thought you may be interested in this. I shall keep you updated with my progress and a video shall be posted once its finished and running. I estimate around Christmas time!
Any feed back is welcomed.
Eddie.

Edward Grimshaw
Grimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 07:28 PM   #2
novo

Nice work mate. I'm impressed. Keep us posted.
Old 09-08-13, 07:57 PM   #3
martinpaff
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Welcome back Edward, and it's really nice to see that your skills have moved forward so much - very nice work. Make sure you add updates as it progresses.

Martin.
martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-13, 03:27 PM   #4
Grimmers

Thank you for your replies, its coming on slowly but surely amongst other things.
I will be sure to keep you all updated as and when I make any improvements to it.
Edward

Edward Grimshaw
Grimmers is offline   Reply With Quote