UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 27-12-18, 01:41 PM   #1
martinpaff
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Default Beaulieu 2019

Guys

Heard from the organisers today that the Beaulieu stationary Engine Gathering 2019 is cancelled.
Apparently the NMM Events Organisers had moved the date and location to something much less attractive, that was almost bound to clash with shows that Beaulieu regulars would also attend.
There remains the possibility that the show may return in 2020.

MP
martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-18, 09:45 PM   #2
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

That's a shame, hopefully it will reappear in the future as it looked to be an excellent event for the enthusiast with a fine selection of machinery on display that possibly would not be seen in one place anywhere else in the UK.

Pete.
Windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 02:53 PM   #3
Anton
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpaff View Post
Guys

Heard from the organisers today that the Beaulieu stationary Engine Gathering 2019 is cancelled.
Apparently the NMM Events Organisers had moved the date and location to something much less attractive, that was almost bound to clash with shows that Beaulieu regulars would also attend.

MP
Sad news!

Anton
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 02:54 PM   #4
Anton
Forum Supporter 2013

Unhappy Beaulieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpaff View Post
Guys

MP
Sad news!

Anton
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 03:44 PM   #5
minorman
Forum Supporter 2012

Same sort of thing is happening in the car world. Quite a few events being abandoned in 2019 due to varying factors, including insurance, site costs etc and also one near me at Battlesbridge where in spite of a lot of harassment from locals (about 5 houses) the site owner has been made an offer he can't refuse from the horticultural nursery next door. After this, what he has left will probably be so small as to not make it worth it. Give it a couple of years and the nursery will no doubt sell out for development.
Old 28-12-18, 04:02 PM   #6
gardnerman
Forum Supporter 2011

I can see much the same happening here! been attending a rally in Rackheath near Norwich which is organized by our club 'Norfolk Combustion Engine Society'. It's an excellent show and got so big it was outgrowing it's venue, this year they've announced that it will be a new location which isn't a problem, however! they've set a new date on same weekend as Rural Pastimes Euston rally (hard to understand as those people also attend Euston).
As much as it saddens me Euston is an excellent rally and I will be attending that as usual (not the only one by a long way), I can see what was the Rackheath Vintage rally going down if they don't reschedule in future.
gardnerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 04:49 PM   #7
Appletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardnerman View Post
I can see much the same happening here! been attending a rally in Rackheath near Norwich which is organized by our club 'Norfolk Combustion Engine Society'. It's an excellent show and got so big it was outgrowing it's venue, this year they've announced that it will be a new location which isn't a problem, however! they've set a new date on same weekend as Rural Pastimes Euston rally (hard to understand as those people also attend Euston).
As much as it saddens me Euston is an excellent rally and I will be attending that as usual (not the only one by a long way), I can see what was the Rackheath Vintage rally going down if they don't reschedule in future.
Think you'll find the "Rackheath" rally is now a different date so it doesn't clash anymore Richard.

Potest non melior Petter. milia passuum melius quam Lister
Appletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 05:16 PM   #8
martinpaff
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Beaulieu's trouble is that the NMM is a private museum and an active business that must make a profit.
Looking at the museum's website it would appear that we have been upstaged by the Triumph Stag Owners Club - fair enough really; they are "motors"... I also note that the attendees are paying a preferential rate of 10 per head just to attend. Try suggesting to a SE exhibitor that he should pay that much to attend and there will be anguished cries of; "but we're providing the entertainment!". There have always been costs associated with attending the Beaulieu show, but they really only covered the (good quality) camping costs.

Very sad, but a fact of life I guess...

MP
martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 05:27 PM   #9
David

I have learned from a friend that the boat jumble has been dropped as well,
After all it is a motor museum, so they are going to give preference to car related shows.

David
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-18, 05:34 PM   #10
gardnerman
Forum Supporter 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletop View Post
Think you'll find the "Rackheath" rally is now a different date so it doesn't clash anymore Richard.
Oh I'd not heard that! however really glad as I really liked Rackheath and was disappointed at the clash.
When is it please?
gardnerman is offline   Reply With Quote