UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 07-05-18, 03:34 PM   #1
Lofty76
Forum Light User

Default Bill Targett Memorial Rally

http://www.billtargettrally.co.uk/

Regards

Lofty
Lofty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-18, 11:39 AM   #2
Lofty76
Forum Light User

Attended this on the Sunday (13th), a really good turn out as usual featuring plenty of stalls, stationary engines and steam exhibits.

A parade started with classic cars, motorcycles and then steam of all sizes which was most enjoyable.

Reading about Shanklin_Giants Sattley, I must admit I hadn't seen one before and came across two of them on this rally field, and a large number of Lister 'D's, rather surprising in a way as I can recall back in the eighties there was a bit of a restriction on them as there were so many turning up.

What we did notice was that exhibitors did not seem to want to chat to the visitors, several times we saw groups of people standing looking at the engines while the owner was either nowhere in sight (thats good Health and Safety, NOT!!) or quite content to carry on reading their books whilst letting Joe Public just wander by.

The Steam and classic vehicle guys were just the opposite, they would chat for as long as you wanted to and in some cases some good tips learned.

As usual with this event it was well attended by the public and definately one of the better South Coast Rallies.

Regards

Lofty
Lofty76 is offline   Reply With Quote