UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > General Issues

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-17, 01:28 PM   #1
Lister M
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bedfordshire
Posts: 4,348
Default What are these from.


I think a long shot but does anybody know what these are for/from.
They are obviously a nozzle of some sort, they have a swirl or edge filter which screws into the nozzle, one next to the nozzles, I'm clearing my tool cabinet and found them in a tin so can direct them back to my Grandfather who was a model engineer.

Martin P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171010_105812.jpg (20.4 KB, 67 views)
Lister optimum melius quam ceteri, quid tibi pro vita.
Lister M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 02:14 PM   #2
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
martinpaff's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 11,672

They look a lot like the Petter S-type injector nozzles, which also have that "swirl" arrangement around the inner needle. Not identical I think (it's a while since I've seen one) but could be from one of the many other hot bulb semi-diesels?

martinpaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-17, 02:20 PM   #3
Admin Team
Forum Supporter
listerdiesel's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,979

They do look like Petter nozzles as Martinpaff says.

listerdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.