UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections > Stuart-Turner

Old 25-10-17, 03:09 PM   #1
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Default Stuart Spares Collection

Last of the Marlex spares being moved this week, although they are not that far from us, it is a matter of logistics and having two or three people plus the trailer and perhaps the van to go over and get it all.

Twelve racks/draws are left to empty, we picked up the engines that were outside yesterday, a couple of P55's and three singles. Three are probably only fit for parts, but one single and one twin look as though they may be recoverable, plus there is a twin inside the container and an R3 as well.

The boys have gone over today to get another load, I declined as my humping days are over! especially while I am waiting for my Cardioversion next month. Yesterday was bad enough!

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-17, 03:23 PM   #2
Robotstar5

This reads like something that has been going on for a while, could you point to a thread about it please?, sounds like you bought/acquired the Stuart engine division?.

Stuart.
Old 25-10-17, 03:30 PM   #3
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Not quite, Stuart, we bought what was the last spares from Marlex Marine, who in turn acquired them from Fairways Marine when they closed some years ago.

There is a thread about it:

http://www.stationary-engine.net/for...ad.php?t=43402

Peter
Old 25-10-17, 03:31 PM   #4
nickh
Forum Supporter 2013

Stick Marlex in to the forum search field and it will pull up the whole story.

Basically Peter is a bit of a hero and has recued the remaining factory spares etc at no small personal expense.

EDIT; Crossed posts - but he's still a hero!

NHH

Last edited by nickh; 25-10-17 at 03:34 PM.
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-17, 04:24 PM   #5
Robotstar5

Peter, thanks for the link, just read it all.

<snip> I might be 70, and taking my pension but I still work full time.

Do you ever have time to sleep or eat?

It's thanks to people like yourself that the preservation world keeps going, well done

I hope to own a Stuart engine one day as it would be nice to see my name cast into it.

Stuart.
Old 25-10-17, 04:39 PM   #6
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Although retirement often sounds attractive, I much prefer the daily interaction with people, customers and suppliers etc.

I can't do much physical work as my heart has been damaged by a chemotherapy drug Trastuzumab, so I'm a bit of a lame duck at present, but hoping to improve after my second Cardioversion in November.

"Common side effects include fever, infection, cough, headache, trouble sleeping, and rash.[3] Other severe side effects include heart failure, allergic reactions, and lung disease. Trastuzumab works by binding to the HER2 receptor and slowing down cell duplication."

Peter
Old 25-10-17, 04:42 PM   #7
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotstar5 View Post

I hope to own a Stuart engine one day as it would be nice to see my name cast into it.

Stuart.
No good selling you mine then, not got the name cast in to it anywhere, only name is on the engine data plate.

Neil.
Old 25-10-17, 05:07 PM   #8
Robotstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel View Post
Although retirement often sounds attractive, I much prefer the daily interaction with people, customers and suppliers etc.

I can't do much physical work as my heart has been damaged by a chemotherapy drug Trastuzumab, so I'm a bit of a lame duck at present, but hoping to improve after my second Cardioversion in November.

"Common side effects include fever, infection, cough, headache, trouble sleeping, and rash.[3] Other severe side effects include heart failure, allergic reactions, and lung disease. Trastuzumab works by binding to the HER2 receptor and slowing down cell duplication."

Peter
Hope there's a good outcome.

It's just made me realise, maybe stationary engines wasn't the best idea for me as I have COPD so if I can't start one in a couple of minutes I need a 15 minute "breather" before the next attempt

Stuart.
Old 25-10-17, 05:14 PM   #9
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

I'm lucky as my lungs and other vital parts are OK, so fingers crossed they can sort my heart out.

Just started on a new combination drug, Entresto, which is apparently quite expensive for the NHS, but in heart failure cases like mine it is showing good results, so maybe I'll be swinging that big Petter over next year!

Peter
Old 25-10-17, 05:22 PM   #10
Robotstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by listerdiesel View Post
<snip> Just started on a new combination drug, Entresto
Will you just have to take the one drug?, as some need other drugs to counteract unwanted side effects and you end up rattling. I remember having to make up my mom's daily drug regime and at one point it was eleven different tablets every day!.

Stuart.