UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections > Lister D & F

Old 08-10-16, 11:35 AM   #11
pulsechoes

You should be out "Greenlaning" with it!!
Old 08-10-16, 12:30 PM   #12
novo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'A' Lister View Post
I know what you mean, Charles, after 33 years of addiction I've recently started craving something stronger and thoughts of a vintage tractor keep filling my head. As Oscar Wilde once said, I can resist everything except temptation!
Start with something small like an Allis B. Strangely enough i'm selling mine shortly
Old 08-10-16, 01:06 PM   #13
Appletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by novo View Post
Start with something small like an Allis B. Strangely enough i'm selling mine shortly
Na. Go in at the deep end with something like this....

Potest non melior Petter. milia passuum melius quam Lister
Appletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 03:39 PM   #14
nickh
Forum Supporter 2013

Na; if you're going to have a crawler, at least get one with a decent engine!

NHH
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-16, 03:42 PM   #15
'A' Lister

Funnily enough, Rob, you're not too wide of the mark (although Novo already knows what I'm thinking of)!

I'm on the lookout for a petrol/kerosene David Brown VAK C Cropmaster. Early type, with bonnet mounted temperature gauge, but must be 6 speed (3 speed + Hi & Lo box), have electric start, a crack-free block, and be fully restored as I haven't got the time or space to do a nut and bolt re-build.

I don't mind finishing a few odds and ends, but I've not got the kit to start spitting one and fixing anything major. So if anyone knows of a nice 'mint' one for sale then please let me know, as I could be very interested.

See, told you this vintage machinery hobby was addictive!
Old 08-10-16, 04:06 PM   #16
Lister M

Rob,

Is that an International TD6, Nick, if its like its tractor relative its a nice lump but horrible to drive, my opinion, I drove one in Ireland for a couple of miles and felt ill after a while as I was shaken about so much from the engine, I was told by my Irish friend that working on one every day could induce a heart attack from the oscillations if you were so disposed.

Martin P
Old 08-10-16, 06:34 PM   #17
novo

Quote:
Funnily enough, Rob, you're not too wide of the mark (although Novo already knows what I'm thinking of)!

I'm on the lookout for a petrol/kerosene David Brown VAK C Cropmaster. Early type, with bonnet mounted temperature gauge, but must be 6 speed (3 speed + Hi & Lo box), have electric start, a crack-free block, and be fully restored as I haven't got the time or space to do a nut and bolt re-build.

I don't mind finishing a few odds and ends, but I've not got the kit to start spitting one and fixing anything major. So if anyone knows of a nice 'mint' one for sale then please let me know, as I could be very interested.

My VAK 1 C took 20 years on & off At my age i havn't got time to do another.
Old 08-10-16, 06:54 PM   #18
Appletop

No Martin, it's a David Brown 50TD. Fitted with Blaw Knox 9' dozer blade. I drove it into the shed on Christmas Eve one year and by Easter it had been stripped, cleaned and painted to the condition in the photo.

Old 08-10-16, 07:03 PM   #19
Appletop

Quote:

Good choice.

Might struggle to get one that isn't frosted tho.....

Wouldn't worry about electric start, to much faff with battery going flat and all that, they start easy enough on the crank.

Old 08-10-16, 07:07 PM   #20
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

Get thysen a David Brown Jules and then there will be no excuse for not attending our crankup at Parsley Hay in April! That will get through the snow on the Cat and Fiddle far better than any Range Rover! Tractor run on the Sunday by the way, book early to avoid disappointment.

Seriously though I would love a tractor, an Allis B or a Nuffield, but (a) I have nowhere to store one, and (b) Mrs Windrush says NO BLOOMING WAY JOSE!

Pete.
Windrush is offline   Reply With Quote