UK Stationary Engine Forum
 

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Welcome! > Newbies, introduce yourself...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-18, 11:36 AM   #1
stu53
Forum Light User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Taunton Somerset
Posts: 16
Default Hi From Somerset

Hi and thank you for the add to this fantastic forum really happy to be here.

I am new to the stationary engine scene but my father in law has now got me hooked.

He gave me my first engine a little jap 2a which I restored last summer and then added to this a nice little water pump i managed to make some of the local shows with it in 2017 and it seemed to be well received.

I am now in the middle of restoring a Petter a1 which I picked up for next to nothing it is all going well at this stage and hope to get her in some shows next year.

Kindest Regards

Stuart
stu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 01:10 PM   #2
Robotstar5
Senior Member
 
Robotstar5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu53 View Post
Hi and thank you for the add to this fantastic forum really happy to be here.

I am new to the stationary engine scene but my father in law has now got me hooked.

He gave me my first engine a little jap 2a which I restored last summer and then added to this a nice little water pump i managed to make some of the local shows with it in 2017 and it seemed to be well received.

I am now in the middle of restoring a Petter a1 which I picked up for next to nothing it is all going well at this stage and hope to get her in some shows next year.

Kindest Regards

Stuart
Hi Stuart, welcome aboard from another Stuart!

I've only been collecting engines about 12 months myself and hope to get to a few shows this year.

Stuart.
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.
Robotstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 02:07 PM   #3
woodsman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gods own county - Yorkshire
Posts: 289
Default

Hi Stuart and welcome.
Not been on this forum long but plenty of knowledgeable members here. I started with a Villiers MK10 as a 'Dad and Lad' project. He has now moved on to cars and has recently completed a 25 year old Honda CR-X Del Sol.
I have just had to part with my Petter A1 as I have an chronic back problem and didn't dare try to turn it over.
Best of luck with yours.
__________________
Regards Paul

Tha can alus tell a Yorkshireman - but tha can't tell him much.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 04:26 PM   #4
Chewzacca
Forum Light User
 
Chewzacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Somerset
Posts: 26
Default

I'm also from Somerset Just outside Yeovil, i have two Petter A1's myself 1 being an A1VO. If you need anything everyone on heres always helpful :) Might see you at shows i will be doing Yesterdays Farming in August and maybe a few more. Zac
Chewzacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:16 PM   #5
stu53
Forum Light User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Taunton Somerset
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotstar5 View Post
Hi Stuart, welcome aboard from another Stuart!

I've only been collecting engines about 12 months myself and hope to get to a few shows this year.

Stuart.
Hi Stuart

thanks for the welcome if you manage to get to any of the shows down here give me a shout .

cheers stu
stu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:20 PM   #6
stu53
Forum Light User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Taunton Somerset
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Hi Stuart and welcome.
Not been on this forum long but plenty of knowledgeable members here. I started with a Villiers MK10 as a 'Dad and Lad' project. He has now moved on to cars and has recently completed a 25 year old Honda CR-X Del Sol.
I have just had to part with my Petter A1 as I have an chronic back problem and didn't dare try to turn it over.
Best of luck with yours.

Hi Woodsman

cheers for the welcome sorry to hear about your bad back and having to sell the petter they are big old lumps to haul about aren't they? I will have to search the Honda I do not think I have ever seen one. did you keep the villers my father in law said you never sell your first build I would not part with the jap.

cheers stu
stu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:26 PM   #7
stu53
Forum Light User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Taunton Somerset
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewzacca View Post
I'm also from Somerset Just outside Yeovil, i have two Petter A1's myself 1 being an A1VO. If you need anything everyone on heres always helpful :) Might see you at shows i will be doing Yesterdays Farming in August and maybe a few more. Zac
Hi Zac

cheers for the welcome like you I really like the petters I can not wait to get it to some shows but a fair bit of work to do on it yet.

I will be doing tatworth and the Yeovil show plus Honiton hill and Norton fitzwarren shows so with luck I may well see you at one. I am not sure we will be at yesterdays farming I will check it out though.

kindest regards

stu
stu53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:29 PM   #8
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013
 
Hornet 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochford
Posts: 2,332
Default

Welcome to the asylum
But watch yourself, the inhabitants are the biggest bunch of 'enablers' around

Neil.
__________________
Wolseley WD 8, Stuart Turner P5, Maytag 92, Kubota KND3, Maytag 72.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:46 PM   #9
woodsman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Gods own county - Yorkshire
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu53 View Post
Hi Woodsman

cheers for the welcome sorry to hear about your bad back and having to sell the petter they are big old lumps to haul about aren't they? I will have to search the Honda I do not think I have ever seen one. did you keep the villers my father in law said you never sell your first build I would not part with the jap.

cheers stu
I believe the Del Sol was a private import only - never seen in showrooms. Not many left on the road now.
And yes I still have the first MK10
__________________
Regards Paul

Tha can alus tell a Yorkshireman - but tha can't tell him much.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 06:02 PM   #10
Chewzacca
Forum Light User
 
Chewzacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Somerset
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu53 View Post
Hi Zac

cheers for the welcome like you I really like the petters I can not wait to get it to some shows but a fair bit of work to do on it yet.

I will be doing tatworth and the Yeovil show plus Honiton hill and Norton fitzwarren shows so with luck I may well see you at one. I am not sure we will be at yesterdays farming I will check it out though.

kindest regards

stu
I am considering doing Tatworth if i'm not working, been as a visitor but not exhibited. Yesterdays farming is well worth it its always a good show. If you do see me i will have a Maroon coloured Petter A1VO and a green A1 driving a Bentall Corn mill
Chewzacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.