UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Restorations Section

Old 16-05-13, 08:44 AM   #11
Kevbuts

Fantastic result Derek Bet you're over the moon with that - I know I would be. That new paint has done a half decent job of preserving the original paintwork and decals it seems

Glad the engine is mechanically sound too.
Old 16-05-13, 07:45 PM   #12
derek_patterson
Forum Supporter 2013

The water level marker came out well too although the flash from camera makes it look a little washed out and doesn't do it justice.

If you look closely you can see a large run in the original paint below the transfer.

Derek
derek_patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-13, 07:57 PM   #13
derek_patterson
Forum Supporter 2013

Hi Kev,

I was a little undecided about it's fate when I first got the engine home but it looks like a keeper now. Anyway between us our family collection doesn't have a 'D' and it doesn't need much shed space. The engine doesn't really seem to have spent any time lying out so everything came apart really easily and rust is minimal.

It was tempting to try and get it running straight away but I'm glad I resisted because the rocker cover was removed from the engine when I got it and a lot of flakey workshop crud from previous storage seemed to have found it's way down into the sump.

If I had the flywheel key out I can finish the strip down and then I'm ready to reassemble and run

Derek
derek_patterson is offline   Reply With Quote