UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections > Lister D & F

Old 31-12-16, 07:46 PM   #1
rogerpeters
Forum Light User

Default Who bought my listerD

Gents, I have a 1934 lister D, serial no 109868 type 13d2 2hp 1000rpm, I am trying to find who lister supplied it to when first built, I have the lister D story 1926-1964 book by David Edgington the trouble is it gives serial numbers up to 109857 and 109864 and then moves on to110275 missing mine out, is there any other reference I can seek out which will give the info I am looking for or have I reached the end of the road on this search, it would have been great to have the history of this engine. Warm Regards.
rogerpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-16, 08:04 PM   #2
Headless

If you write to Doreen Edgington, Davids widow she will give you the date it left the factory and to whom it went. Don't forget an SAE, also a please and thank you go a long way.
I have heard of a story told by David that someone sent him a message, 'Can you date my engine? and included the serial no'. Davids reply was 'Yes'. Simple but as the person had not said please he got no other info.
Old 02-01-17, 08:53 PM   #3
rogerpeters
Forum Light User

Default Who bought my engine.

Hi Andy, thanks for the contact advice, contacted Doreen who furnished the information. it was sold to Fulwood &Bland of London in June 1934 went to work in the dairy industry, Warm Regards, Roger.
rogerpeters is offline   Reply With Quote