UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > General Issues

Old 03-12-17, 03:44 PM   #21
nickh
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
(snip) Someone decided a rope start slot in the side of the pulley was a good idea, whoever that was is an idiot, not only did they make a real mess of it, it doesn't work.
Shame, not seen a brass one like that before - one of mine has a similar iron one.

NHH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010122.jpg (76.0 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by nickh; 03-12-17 at 03:48 PM.
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 04:38 PM   #22
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

I'll stick a request up on face book Nick, but if nothing comes of it I will investigate having it braided up and re-machined.
To be fair it will work fine as a pulley I would have thought, it's only a slot cut out of it.

Neil.
Old 03-12-17, 06:19 PM   #23
pulsechoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
Charles, having worked for one of the larger nationwide haulage/courier companies for 25 years before retirement have seen a lot of what happens, and generally found the larger items I E your pallet size cannot be thrown about with ease but the small things can at times get some mishandling, not saying all or any companies are in this bracket but you do hear some tales at times.
Yes, Don, I've been there! Delivering and night trunking for just about every one of them in my agency days!! The Perkins sat in the Tamworth depot for 26hours and has been in the Bodmin depot since 0800hrs yesterday!! This was supposed to be a 2 day delivery!! It was booked and paid for by the buyer so it's not my doing!!!