UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 09-10-17, 10:08 AM   #1
passerby

Default Ashover festival of light 2017

I went yesterday. I had only found it on steam heritage website in the morning, so I didn't get there until 12-45. The event shut at 3. I was pleasantly surprised to see loads of Stationaries still running with only a couple of exhibits being loaded onto trailers. It was a nice event which I will make a effort to get to next year for the light show on the Saturday night. How many people on here were there?
passerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 11:00 AM   #2
Windrush
Forum Supporter 2011

You will find with that event that Sunday tends to be a 'shorter day' regarding the running of engines, Friday evening and Saturday day and evening are the times when most will be running. It is a 'light up' so after dark is when it looks at its best. I normally go just for Saturday with an engine as I have no lights etc, however this year the weekend clashed with the the Macclesfield Clubs Heaton House event near Leek which (although only a Sunday show) I enjoy so I gave Ashover a miss. I actually managed to sell a few items that were cluttering up my garage as well....and bought some more of course!

Pete.
Windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-17, 11:45 PM   #3
passerby

If you managed to sell some stuff. It stands to reason that you will have space, therefore, It is only natural to buy some more to fill the space
passerby is offline   Reply With Quote