UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 25-09-17, 09:37 AM   #71
K_N_S_JENNINGS
Forum Supporter 2013

Was another great show, even though it felt a bit strange as some of the usual engine pen areas were too waterlogged to use.

Shame there was no wind Saturday night to get the kites up but we still had a good light display.

Think I was lucky with the stealing as my oiler got spotted on the way out of the tent a couple of times, shouldn't need to be worrying about it in this hobby.

Simon
K_N_S_JENNINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 09:40 AM   #72
listerdiesel
Admin Team
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_S_JENNINGS View Post
I did explain to Alan when we pulled in & he said you need to your put health first, it's only a hobby after all.
Thanks, Simon, appreciate that.

Peter
listerdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 09:52 AM   #73
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

I had a great weekend, will be going back next year, for me all it need to improve is to move it somewhere I don't have to use the M25 and M23, going was ok, coming back not so good

Much to my delight the ST ran very well all weekend, starting on the first try both days, and not stopping till I turned it off at the end of the day.
Fuel consumption for some reason has improved with a load on, this is the first time it has been loaded and it definitely runs slower and steadier, the little pump it was running is a pretty fair load, and combined with the cooling system pump would have been north of 2hp needed.
For the first time ever my WD didn't start easily each morning, and on the sunday stopped for no apparent reason a couple of times, finally at 3.15 it stopped for the last time, no sparks
Will investigate later this week.

Neil.
Old 25-09-17, 11:45 AM   #74
listerlad

Location: Sat in the Garden of England, enjoying the sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
I had a great weekend, will be going back next year, for me all it need to improve is to move it somewhere I don't have to use the M25 and M23, going was ok, coming back not so good
We are not so keen on the trip going up M23 and last night was no exception. Always a accident or some idiot that can't make there mind up weather to go to Croydon or the M25 clockwise or anti-clockwise. I enjoyed it this year and I really hope I can come back next year especially as it will be the 20th Rally.

Ollie
Old 25-09-17, 12:45 PM   #75
K_N_S_JENNINGS
Forum Supporter 2013

Trip home was fantastic I have always loved big car parks😂😂😂

Simon
K_N_S_JENNINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 08:20 PM   #76
nickh
Forum Supporter 2013

Had a good day there on Sat; met some forum members, picked up a few 'useful bits' from the club tent, saw some nice engines and the gods of the M25 were good to us despite the M3 being closed all day!

Hornet6 - Looked for you a couple of times but couldn't see anyone in obvious attendance. Stuart does look and run very well.

NHH
nickh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 11:26 PM   #77
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post

Hornet6 - Looked for you a couple of times but couldn't see anyone in obvious attendance. Stuart does look and run very well.

NHH
It seems we missed each other, I was visiting Dan who said I had just missed you, he was two engines down behind me.
Never mind, always another rally.

Neil.