UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section > Events / Rallies General

Old 24-09-17, 05:12 PM   #1
CSdiesel

Default All Lister rally @ Morwellham Quay Devon

Afternoon all. Well. I have finally got to Morwellham Quay this weekend and met Fred's son Simon Lister and his son George Lister , Fred's grandson. We spent all day there and was treated with great care and respect and nothing was too much trouble and they and myself have agreed on a date for the All Lister rally next year, that being June 29th,30th & July 1st . We have planned the event to coincide with the local beer festival that will be held on the Friday where there will be a local Blue's & Country live band playing into the evening, We will invite the lighting sets to set up outside the museum where the band will be so that people can enjoy a pint of local ale and listen to either the music inside or out ! I can say the location is like nothing else I have ever seen to hold a rally at and the atmosphere will really be something not to be missed ! with the ancient copper mine quays and rail ride into the dormant copper mine will also be included for rally entrants f.o.c.! There will be ample camping areas set aside for entrants ,And full restaurant and toilet facilities on site where breakfast will be served daily at very reasonable costs!. But because of the stunning scenery and backdrop all campers and caravans and vehicles will be parked together in the camping area, it's only a very short walk to where the historic quays are and once there I am sure you will agree having an uncluttered backdrop will provide for a stunning area of beauty to show off our pride and joys for all to see and enjoy. I would also like to see not only Lister engines in attendance but also all Lister artefacts inc auto-trucks, milk coolers etc etc . The event will be open to the general public and the Lister family will be producing an autumn leaflet promoting our event also so I am expecting quite large numbers to attend and make it a success. As the title states , its open to All Lister engines and I would like to see as many variants there as possible and by doing so we can really show the descendants of R.A.Lister what a great man and company they all derive from. I'll keep you all posted with updates and will have an entry form soon for you to download. best Regards Janner . Jon Leah.

Contact
email : jonleah@hotmail.co.uk
Mb 07715020855
Hm 01872 510607

CSdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 05:29 PM   #2
Tezfair
Forum Supporter 2013

I was there last weekend at the steam weekend and was lucky with the weather. It is a living museum so there's lots to look at at get involved with, especially for members of the family that get dragged along to rallies.

That weekend will clash with Padstow which is quite popular but may be an opportunity for Exeter based Lister to come up the A30 as MQ is really easy to get to as it near Tavistock.

I will be selling the startomatic soon so I won't have Lister by then

Tez
Tezfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 05:35 PM   #3
Robotstar5

That's a good date, we just happen to be on holiday in Cornwall that week so I will have to see if SWMBO would mind calling in on the way home.
Have to check, are dogs (no, not my wife) allowed into the event?

Stuart.
Old 24-09-17, 06:49 PM   #4
CSdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezfair View Post
I was there last weekend at the steam weekend and was lucky with the weather. It is a living museum so there's lots to look at at get involved with, especially for members of the family that get dragged along to rallies.

That weekend will clash with Padstow which is quite popular but may be an opportunity for Exeter based Lister to come up the A30 as MQ is really easy to get to as it near Tavistock.

I will be selling the startomatic soon so I won't have Lister by then

Tez
Bound to clash with something , hopefully Lister owners will be able to iss Padstow for one year to support the choice of marque they own. Agreed a very special location and will be an awesome backdrop and very beautiful location for the event planned.
Old 24-09-17, 06:50 PM   #5
CSdiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotstar5 View Post
That's a good date, we just happen to be on holiday in Cornwall that week so I will have to see if SWMBO would mind calling in on the way home.
Have to check, are dogs (no, not my wife) allowed into the event?

Stuart.
Yes. They are a dog friendly location to responsible owners , Hopefully you can make it , should be quite an eye opener.