UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Welcome! > Newbies, introduce yourself...

Notices

Old 06-09-17, 03:43 PM   #1
vlasta
Forum Light User

Default Hello from East Cambs

Hello,

I'm a newbie and have recently acquired a Petter AC1 driving a winch via a reduction gearbox. Two Lister Ds and a domestic water pump.

I have a real project to drive a pipe water well. The Petter winch will (hopefully) act as a slipping cat head for the striker bit and bailer. The Lister Ds can drive relevant pumps.

However, what I don't have is a deep well pump (or even a shallow well pump yet). I see H2 and H3 pumps out there but they only go down to 25 foot. Wherever I end up I think it's going to be past 25 foot. Which is why I need something like a Lister LR pressure pump or equivalent. I don't see any out there or indeed the relevant ejector pack. I'm also after a sludge pump as I can't see that I'll be able to knock a hole in the ground dry.

Anyway, thought I'd tell you what I'm up to and any advice on pumps and where to find them (or anything else) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Vlasta
vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 04:26 PM   #2
Robotstar5

Hi Vlasta, welcome aboard. What type of winch does the Petter drive, capstan or drum?.

Stuart.
Old 06-09-17, 05:10 PM   #3
vlasta
Forum Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotstar5 View Post
Hi Vlasta, welcome aboard. What type of winch does the Petter drive, capstan or drum?.

Stuart.
Hi Stuart,

It's attached via a shaft with a rubber vibration reducer to a Holroyd gearbox. This provides the 40/1 reduction which makes the AC1 3000RPM usable. There is a capstan on the shaft of the Holroyd. Chap who had it before me was using it as a timber drag.

Cheers
Vlasta
vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote