UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Main Engine Section > Engine-Specific Forum Sections

Old 03-08-17, 04:49 PM   #11
2011dandd
Forum Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthetangye View Post
If it was considered cheap by the market it would have sold by now.... Cheap buy it now items on eBay always sell rapidly as folk in the know monitor closely.

It is normal on eBay to see a selection of similar engines for sale following a successful sale of a particular model. People think that they can get a good price for the one they have in the shed so decide to sell.

It's your money, up to you to decide. I would want to inspect it and see it started from cold, and check the integrity of that crack 'repair'.

Remember, advice is worth what you pay for it, and opinions are like arse holes everyone has one and they're all different!

Dan
Dan thanks pal makes a lot of sense.
I think I'll pass on this one and wait for something to come up abbot more local to Northants.
Cheers for all the advice and arse holes.... I mean opinions
2011dandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 05:25 PM   #12
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
<snip>
If you like the engine and are comfortable with the price - go for it.

NHH
This is the best advice you will get
It is your money, and your choice

You can wait for months or even years for a so called better one to come up closer to home, or spend a bit more now and enjoy it.

I have been in this hobby a a relatively short time, but in just over a year I have watched eBay prices steadily rise, I could now easily sell my first engine and make a profit. If I had waited for a cheaper closer to home one come along I would have waited ten months, and it would have been 90 more expensive.

Neil.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 07:26 PM   #13
Appletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
This is the best advice you will get
It is your money, and your choice

You can wait for months or even years for a so called better one to come up closer to home, or spend a bit more now and enjoy it.

I have been in this hobby a a relatively short time, but in just over a year I have watched eBay prices steadily rise, I could now easily sell my first engine and make a profit. If I had waited for a cheaper closer to home one come along I would have waited ten months, and it would have been 90 more expensive.

Neil.
Yes but you wouldn't have spent 60 on fuel and driven all day to collect it.....

Big difference when looking at the big picture.

Potest non melior Petter. milia passuum melius quam Lister
Appletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 07:37 PM   #14
Hornet 6
Forum Supporter 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletop View Post
Yes but you wouldn't have spent 60 on fuel and driven all day to collect it.....

Big difference when looking at the big picture.
Not really Rob, Weston on Trent, about 3 hours each way (320 round trip) and way less than a tank say 30
From that I got the engine I wanted, had a day out including a couple of hours on a narrow boat, learned how to take a boat through a lock, something I have never done, and enjoyed a lot.
The thing with a road trips to collect things is to turn it in to a day out, that way even if what you went to collect is a bust, you still have your day out to look back on.

Neil.

Last edited by Hornet 6; 03-08-17 at 07:46 PM.
Hornet 6 is offline   Reply With Quote