UK Stationary Engine Forum

Go Back   UK Stationary Engine Forum > Member's Area > Events & Rallies Information Section

Old 24-02-16, 01:35 PM   #11
miley_bob

Entries are coming in at a steady pace. We are well up on the number of entries from the same time last year. Luckily with the new showground layout we adopted last year we have plenty more space for all of the extra entries.

Planning for the show is going well and we are hoping once again to have a shower block in the big camping field.

For anybody that hasn't had an entry form, but wants to come please drop me a PM and I will send you a form. Alternatively for those not wishing to exhibit, but that want to visit the show we have a number of public camping pitches available at 45 for the weekend.
miley_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-16, 08:00 PM   #12
miley_bob

With 2 months to go until the rally we are only 30 engines short of equalling the amount we had entered for last years show. Hopefully we can beat that and put on another excellent display of engines.

If anybody wants an entry form please send me a PM.

Thanks to all those that have entered so far. It really is shaping up to be another excellent show.
Old 04-05-16, 01:43 PM   #13
miley_bob

We are close to 200 engines entered now and have over 1250 entries in all sections with 32 entry forms arriving in the post yesterday!!!

I am still happy to take late entries for engines and we still have space left.
Please drop me a PM if you would like to exhibit, but havent entered yet.

Alternatively we have plenty of public camping spaces left for those that want a nice relaxing weekend. We also have some stall pitches left if anybody knows of any stall holders looking for a new rally to try.
Old 16-05-16, 12:28 PM   #14
Headless

One manufacturer missing from your list is Thomas Green & Son Ltd, Leeds who manufactured the Smithfield Gas Engine.
Old 16-05-16, 01:15 PM   #15
air-cooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless View Post
One manufacturer missing from your list is Thomas Green & Son Ltd, Leeds who manufactured the Smithfield Gas Engine.
.... and thousands and thousands of motorised lawn mowers

Phillip
air-cooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-16, 10:54 PM   #16
pulsechoes

Hmmmm, wish I'd kept it now!!! Although this one was apparently made by "J C Dalman" it still had Green's name on the crankcase.
The guy I got it off had bought it at the Hunday Museum sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T Green-Dalman.jpg (102.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by pulsechoes; 16-05-16 at 10:57 PM.
pulsechoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-16, 12:38 PM   #17
miley_bob

We have 220 engines entered now, including 7 which are mounted on the back of lorries. We have a wide range of engines coming varying in size from a Ruston 7XHR down to a tiny Henrichi hot air engine. We really do have engines to suit all tastes this year.

The Yorkshire feature has proved popular with close to 60 of the engines entered originating from factories in Yorkshire

We had a site meeting last night at Newby and the field is in excellent condition. The ground is nice and dry and very firm under foot. The site layout is sorted, with the engines in a similar layout to what we had last year. Once again we have hired in a shower block for those who are staying thew weekend with us. It is free to use and we hope that it proves popular once again. We are again having the exhbitors food tent where an army of volunteers will be serving exhibitors with free tea/coffee/juice/biscuits/cakes/scones throughout the 2 show days.

Public camping is still available as are stall pitches. Exhibitor entries have officially closed, but I am willing to accept a limited number of late entries if anybody is interested in bringing an engine.